Search engine optimisation or SEO for short has been troubling digital marketeers for more than a decade now. SEO use to be fairly simple. A few good targeted keywords, getting backlinks in bulk, and having your site on a few directories would almost ensure your first page ranking. Those methods are now obsolete and shamed upon, often being characterized as spam or “Black Hat SEO”.
Getting Quality SEO Backlinks
I covered this in a previous post and why it is so important to know what links to use and which should point back to your site.
The first SEO tip that I would give to anyone regarding backlinks, is to know where they are coming from and to try and manage them accordingly. Now stop right there. I know you cant control the web, nor can you control other peoples actions, and if they want to backlink to your domain. But what you can control, and this is the most important part is if the set links will affect your Page Rank or PR for short. You can do this by adding “nofollow” or using the disavow tool in Google Webmaster Tools.
To get good quality backlinks you should always keep in mind the domain and page authority of set link. If those numbers are above 30-35/100 then that link is ok enough to be passing on its “Juice” on to you. Generally speaking the links you must have for any site you make are:
- Google Plus and Map Listing.
- Foursquare Listing
- Yelp & Yell Listings
- DMOZ (Open Directory) Listing
If you understand what the above mean then you are good to go. If on the other hand you find yourself a bit out of depth then Libero Net are here to help you every step of the way. Our SEO Warrington team is more than equipped to handle all your business needs.
Done all the SEO Tips in the book but still not ranking well?
That is a question I come across a lot. Why is my competitor ranking better when he is using “Black Hat” techniques such as link buying or keyword stuffing?
The case may very well be that Google has not finished indexing his website yet and will eventually pick up on his non ethical SEO techniques and will punish him for them. Its what I keep telling my clients. Ethical or White Hat SEO takes time. There is no magic button we can push to get your website ranking in a week. SEO is a long term investment and should always be treated as such. The important thing to remember here is that once you do go up using ethical SEO, you wont be going down in a hurry.
Soo…Which SEO tips should you give priority towards?
There isn’t any high and mighty priority list that will get you 100% guaranteed results. That being said, what will give you the most impact in the long run are the following SEO tips:
- Site Speed. This is very important for your sites SEO. Your site speed should need no more than 2 seconds for a full load.
- Choosing Keywords for your title tag. Another tip of great importance is your title tag keywords. Analyse your market and choose your keywords wisely.
- Website Theme. An easy to read theme & design will help you greatly in the long run. Try to keep this in mind: A flashy and picture heavy site will look very appealing to a human consumer but a bot crawling it will have the challenge of a lifetime. No one will appreciate your “flashy” site, if it cant be indexed correctly by search engines.
- High Quality Backlinks. As Stated above having high quality backlinks will help you a great deal. If you don’t know which links will hurt or help your site please feel free to give us a call.
- Clean URL’s. Clean URL’s have a great impact on SEO. It’s wise to have clean URL’s such as https://www.example.com/about-us rather than https://www.example.com/q?id=746hdfi
Libero Net’s SEO Tip of the day:
If you are somewhat familiar with SEO best practices then you might want to try out our SEO Guidance Package. It gives you the flexibility of doing your own SEO with the guidance and expertise of our seasoned professionals.