Can I make money with a 1 page website and Google Adsense adverts?
Recently we were asked by a customer to build him a 1 page website with basic content and Google Adsense adverts!
Our first response to this was, ‘How will you generate traffic?’
Since the changes made by Google over the past year it is a little difficult to drive a high volume of traffic to a 1 page site with little content and just Google Adsense adverts.
SEO is a vast landscape and it is constantly changing and evolving but in simple terms what Google is looking for is useful sites, or sites with authority, or sites that are full of good quality content.
Good quality content is very much key to generating traffic nowadays.
So firstly you need to decide what your market is and then how you can develop a website that can be ‘monetized’. That means how you can make money from the website?
This may be through an online store where you sell products, or Google Adsense / affiliate adverts, or perhaps selling advertising space.
Whichever of these you choose the key factor to the site being successful is traffic and high volumes.
So you need a plan as to how you will generate traffic to the site.
Previously it would have been more possible to build a 1 page site with basic content and Google Adverts and then simply build a lot of backlinks to the site and climb the Google rankings to generate trafiic for various keywords, but nowadays this is less likely.
Once you decide on a way the site can make money (eg adverts or selling products) then you need to decide how you will drive traffic?
- If it is through adverts, then how will you generate traffic?
- What will the content be? Articles?
- Tips and advice?
- Will it be a forum perhaps?
- Or some kind of social media platform?
- eg Facebook is the best example of this, they built a free social media site that people loved going on and spending time on. Now they sell advertising space for millions of dollars, and they can do this because they have so much traffic and members.
- So if you would like to build a website to make money first you need to ask yourself, how you would be able to generate traffic?
- What are your domains?
- Are they niche markets?
- Do you have knowledge/ expertise in these markets so that you could write good quality content that would give the site ‘authority’?
Our advice? I would focus on 1 site and put a lot more effort into making it a high quality website full of great quality content rather than many 1 page sites with little substance.
One good way to do this is with a blog attached to the website,
This is why we build many websites for customers in WordPress now, as the sites look great and they are easy for the customer to regularly add new content to the site with the blog.
So if you would like a new website built for you in WordPress then contact our team now and discuss your requirements.
Or if you would simply like a 1 page website built with Google Adsense adverts we can do this for you also!