Social Media For Business
Social Media for Business is a very broad term. What does it have to offer to new businesses? What can it add to existing businesses? Your questions will be answered in this article.
First lets remember how social media for business was 10 years ago when it was first popping up. It was chaotic. Everyone wanted a piece of the industry, but the odd part was that no matter how many pieces of the pie people claimed.. the gift just kept on giving!
Turning the clock back 10 years ago people knew they needed to get into the online marketing industry, businesses knew they needed online exposure, but did they know how to do it properly? How to reach and convert customers? Doubtful.
Social Media and Marketing for Business Start-Ups
Social media for business start-ups is essential. It is the line of make it or break it, there is no denying that. Today a business cant be successful if they do not have any online presence. Big or small, it all comes down to reaching the online Golden Chalice which is Social Media.
Now reaching that online potential is quite easy. Using it to grow your business is the hard part. There are many articles that explain online success so I will not go into that but I will state briefly some points that have helped some of my clients succeed.
1. Daily Engagement. However silly this may sound it is key. Most businesses think that simply creating a social account is enough to put you on the map. Sadly it wont even get you on the list to go on the map. Making engaging posts and content leads to followers, likes and shares which lead to greater brand awareness and the ultimate goal of converting people to customers.
2. Non Brand Related Content. Yes sometimes less is more. There is no need to be only advertising your brand all the time. You can say how your day was without mentioning your business. Or add a local event that is happening in your area. Fun and engaging content is key!!
3. Proper Marketing. Take this one with a pinch of salt. There are a lot of ways to promote your brand, but only a few will actually convert people. You can get advice from marketing agencies or by studying your audience.
Social Media for Established Businesses
How does social media for business help existing businesses? Having been asked that a lot here is my answer.
1. Content is King. As with new businesses content is key for taping the well of online success. Regular content updates will keep you at the top.
2. Competitions with Prizes. A very popular way of retaining your clientele is having them engage in a competition once every so often. After all who wouldn’t want a day at the spa? I know I would!!
3. Social Media Campaigns. For those businesses that are very competitive. New ways of reaching and influencing audiences are being “created”. One such way is that of “Paid Advertising“.
All in all social media can help you market and promote your business in a variety of different styles and ways. You can play around with any and all the tips stated above, or simply contact us and we can do it for you.