Hello again dear readers. Today I would like to give you brief descriptions about SEO ideas that work. Ever wanted to know how SEO works? How about how search engines decide rankings? Keep reading then!
Search Engines VS Readers
In order to better understand SEO you will need to distinguish between how the search engines view your site, and how readers view it. Search engines use bots that we like to call crawling spiders or bots to understand the information on your site and learn what your site is all about, thus ranking it under the appropriate search queries and give it the best chance to be found.
2 very important notes here:
- search engines do not care about pretty colors and pictures in-fact they often ignore them because they hinder their task.
- Readers do care about design / pictures and all the colors of the rainbow.
so..how do YOU make a site that is both reader & crawl friendly?
Many different practices to make a website easier to crawl whilist still keeping the beautiful design. A few things your web developer should have in mind:
- Optimise images.
- Code validation & structure for easier crawling.
- Minimize & Externalize Java Scripts.
- These are just some of the practices your web designer should implement on your site. If all these just sound to complicated to you and you want to have professionals help you then Click Here.
To finish it off why dont you read some good & bad ideas below:
Good SEO Ideas
- Use natural and focused content that makes sense.
- Google pays a lot of attention to user experience. having a good content strategy that will engage people is good practice.
- Have a blog on your site and share news about your industry, and MORE.
Bad SEO Ideas
- Spamming social channels with brand promotions is a big no no.
- Buying Links. Need I say more? Just say no!
- Do not keyword stuff.
- Dont get into bed with people claiming they can get you to first page in 2 weeks. SEO is a long term investment.
To help you out in optimising your site. You can email me your website here, and I will get back to you with a full page analysis and some points of what to do to improve your sites SEO in the long run.